This position will be responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing safety policies and procedures at the location in compliance with provincial, and local regulations and Transdev policies.
* Demonstrate and promote a “Safety First” lifestyle at the location.
* Develops and monitors the contents of the classroom training course of instruction to ensure compliance with all provincial, Client and company requirements. Shall be available to teach the classroom as required to ensure timely training of new employees. Schedule and/or conduct behind the wheel training for new applicants. Schedule and/or conduct training for employees who are required to be certified and/or retrained.
* Initiates and maintains all operator training files to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and company requirements including but not limited to behind the wheel documents, MVA’s, operator authorizations, final evaluation results and third party testing.
* Develops and implements monthly safety meetings including but not limited to topic selection, agenda development, presentation, meeting room setup, notification to operators, recording attendance, and follow-up with operators who are absent.
* Monitors revenue service operations. Schedules and/or conducts road observation on each operator twice a year.
* Conducts operator evaluations as required.
* Provides assistance and participate in all Safety Action Team meetings to discuss safety related issues.
* Provides assistance to operators on passenger management or safety related issues.
* Responsible to follow through on all incidents, accidents and deem work related injuries including but not limited to accident investigation, completion of accident reports, maintenance of accident files, completion of the accident register, follow up with adjusters as necessary, post-accident counseling with the involved operator and repair of vehicles as necessary.
* Ensures buses have proper safety related supplies: complete accident packages, first aid kits, insurance cards, body fluid kits, and registrations.
* Responsible to set up regular Joint Health and Safety meetings as required by law Communicates results of the meetings to management and operators. Responds to appeals submitted by operators and is responsible to file all disciplinary actions related to accidents or MVA’s in the accident files and the employee files.
Provides direction and guidance to the location operator trainers including, establishing trainer schedules, developing and maintaining standard training procedures, providing ongoing training to trainers and conducting regular trainer meetings.
Primary responsibility to develop and update location safety displays and coordinate the selection of the location operators of the month/year and the development of the Operator of the Year Nomination package in con junction with the Public relations Manager.
* Prepares the monthly safety summary report and submits to the General Manager.
* Prepares the required monthly Customer safety reports and submits to the General Manager or corporate office on a timely basis.
* Prepares other reports as required on both a periodic and exception basis.
* Responsible for reviewing the monthly accident register.
* Follow environmental policies and procedures to maintain a safe workplace for our employees.
* Display fair practice in the work place and use sound judgment when handling employee issues.
* Implement cost saving or safety enhancement ideas to improve safety, both long term and short term.
* Continued self awareness of safety issues, new laws & regulations, and requirement of district policies, and other issues if applicable.
* Set goals and objectives for his/her department.
* Performs any other management requests or directives that relate to the overall functions of Transdev Services (Canada), Inc.
Signing authority and THSAO Fleet Driver Trainer or equivalent P.R.I.D.E.
Qualified as Air Brake course Instructor, Accident Investigation course instructor and Customer Service Course facilitator
B.A/B.Sc. in a related discipline and a minimum of five years experience in a managerial role in a transit fixed route system.
Holds an unspoiled BZ driver’s license.
Superior communication skills, verbal and written, self motivated, self managed and deadline driven.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Software Powered by iCIMS